From 1992-2016, we had working sessions of our conferences at universities or other cultural institutions in the U.S. and internationally. In a working session, papers to be presented, or abstracts, or outlines of these are circulated in advance to registered speakers. This way, the participants can discuss and contribute to the development of new theoretical approaches.
NOTE: details about future working sessions will be provided here when they are available. In the meantime, there will be a hiatus until further notice. If you and your institution would like to sponsor a conference, please contact Prof. Alicia Rivero, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working Sessions: Programs and Other Ephemera, 2016-2012 (click on photos to enlarge)
- XIV Ometeca Conference–State of the Art,The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (April 2016).
XIII Ometeca Conference, Stonehill College, Easton, MA (June 2014).
- XII Ometeca Conference, Madrid, Spain (June 2012). It took place at the following: El Instituto Submarino; the Ateneo (Literary Society); the Cajal Institute; the campus of the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas; La Residencia de Estudiantes, and the Alcázar, Toledo.
Past Working Sessions
- XI Ometeca Conference, University of Wyoming, Laramie (July 2010).
- X Ometeca Conference, St. Petersburg, Florida (June 2008).
- IX Ometeca Conference, Río Piedras, Puerto Rico (October 2006). Co-sponsored by the University of Puerto Rico–Río Piedras.
- VIII Ometeca Conference, Mexico City, México (October 2005). Co-sponsored by the Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana.
- VII Ometeca Conference, Pinamar, Argentina (November 2003). Co-sponsored by The Argentinian Scientific Society and the Faculty of Humanities of Río Cuarto University.
- VI Ometeca Conference, Cumaná, Venezuela (July 2000). Co-sponsored by the University of Oriente, the Venezuelan Institute of Scientific Research, and the National Council of Scientific and Technological Research.
- V Ometeca Conference, Buenos Aires, Argentina (June-July 1998). Co-sponsored by The Argentinian Scientific Society, the Faculty of Humanities of Río Cuarto University, and the CAFH Foundation.
- IV Ometeca Conference, New Brunswick, New Jersey (July 1996). Co-sponsored by the School of Communication, Information, and Library Studies, Rutgers University.
- III Ometeca Conference, San Ramón, Costa Rica (July 1994). Co-sponsored by the Universidad de Costa Rica-Sede de Occidente.
- II Ometeca Conference, Puebla, México, 23-27 (June 1993). Co-sponsored by the Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana-Xochimilco.
- I Ometeca Conference, Santa Fe, New Mexico (June 1992). Sponsored by the Ometeca Institute.